This council has a population of 1,336. It was first mentioned in documents in 845. The territory is closely linked to the nearby Mount Argentario and in particular to Montepiano: its name comes from the presence of furnaces in which the minerals extracted were processed. Today another mine is active, linked to the extraction of porphyry. The most important monuments include the Castello Roccabruna, first documented in 1191, Palazzo Salvadori, and the Santo Stefano church, dating back to the 6th century. This territory connects Alta Valsugana to Valle di Cembra: today especially renowned for its important porphyry extraction, in medieval times mining was undertaken in the so-called Delle Quadrate area to the left of the Sila river. Still today this area is a point of interest from both the historical and touristic point of view.